February 3, 2010

Numbers 8-10

Numbers 8-10

About the Reading:

We read a bit more about the Levites and some specific items that God wants made and placed for him.

We also learn about the first anniversary of Passover.

My Thoughts and Notes:

The one thing that really stood out to me was the Passover and how specific, and really how MUCH of the reading it took, to talk about celebrating Passover.

This is clearly a very important event to remember, celebrate, and never forget.  Through all these innumerable years, we still remember.  For us in our Church or Orthodox Christians, we celebrate it as part of Holy Pascha.

Jesus’ last supper was a Passover feast which lead to his crucifixion.  We do not celebrate Holy Pascha on “Easter Sunday”, we celebrate it according to the Jewish calendar.  It coincides with Passover every year. (just a note that this year, that happens to be the exact same Sunday as “Easter Sunday”; typically it’s not).

I’m not saying our Church is better because of it; for me, it’s meaningful because of it.  Personally, I don’t care WHEN any person celebrates Christ’s ultimate gift to us; I care THAT a person celebrates it.  It is what makes us Christians.

That being said, I still remember Passover as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this page are meant to be a discussion of the readings. This is a place to discuss your thoughts on the reading itself or in the commentary about the reading. Any comments that do not respect others will be immediatly deleted. If you would like to attack me or my beliefs, please do so in an email. DO NOT attack each other; however, challenging each others ideas in a respectful way will be encouraged.