February 2, 2010

Numbers 5-7

Numbers 5-7

About the Reading:

We learn today about some more punishments for wrong doings.  Namely restitutions for wrongdoings and unfaithfulness of a wife. 

We also read about the Dedication of the Tabernacle

My Thoughts and Notes:

Is it any surprise that I honed in on today's reading with the test for an unfaithful wife?  I mean, it's not because I am unfaithful, but I am a wife!  For me, it's an interesting "test" to see if the wife has been unfaithful.  I can just imagine the fear a woman would have going through this process back then.

What part got your most interest today?

1 comment:

  1. My first thought was concerning the practice of sending 'unclean' people away. Do you realize that if a teenager had a bad case of acne they'd have to go outside the camp until they got over it? Yeah. I know that the laws of cleanliness were to protect the masses from diseases, but, for real? According to today's standards, it seems a little cruel. Glad I live in a day of modern medical practices and Grace, which sets s free from the constraints of the law. Thank you Jesus for paying the price once and for all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this page are meant to be a discussion of the readings. This is a place to discuss your thoughts on the reading itself or in the commentary about the reading. Any comments that do not respect others will be immediatly deleted. If you would like to attack me or my beliefs, please do so in an email. DO NOT attack each other; however, challenging each others ideas in a respectful way will be encouraged.