February 9, 2010

Numbers 30-32

Numbers 30-32

About the Reading:

We begin the reading learning about taking vows, both men and women, and the rules about them.

Then we read about the vengeance on the Midianites and divvying up the spoils.

My Thoughts and Notes:

I can’t help but to think, “be a man of your word” when I read today’s reading.  This shows how vital it is to mean what you say and to follow through with what you say you are going to do.

I know, at times, I struggle with this.  I don’t struggle intentionally; but at times, with good intentions, I say I am going to do something and then I drop the ball and forget to follow through.  I’m working on it.

Are you good about keeping you word?  What stood out to you today?

3 comments:

  1. I got a little behind it seems, but I have caught up now. I think we all struggle with this from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the energy of a humming bird and my fault is taking on a lot of things but stressing out to make sure they all get done. I do get them all done but I am stressing the whole time. I think I need to only take on a few tasks at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida, glad to see you caught up! Michael Mary, I can do the same things at time. Multi-tasking isn't always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on this page are meant to be a discussion of the readings. This is a place to discuss your thoughts on the reading itself or in the commentary about the reading. Any comments that do not respect others will be immediatly deleted. If you would like to attack me or my beliefs, please do so in an email. DO NOT attack each other; however, challenging each others ideas in a respectful way will be encouraged.