January 20, 2010

Exodus 28-30

Exodus 28-30

About the Reading:

We continue today’s reading with instructions on the garments that the priests are to wear and further instructions as to offering sacrifices and incense to God.

My Thoughts and Notes:

The first time that I attempted to read the Bible in a year, I remember coming to these passages and thinking, “wow, this is why we do these things in the Orthodox Church.”

priest This is a picture I found on line of a good front view of our priest in full vestments that you would see at any of our services. 

We use a lot of incense in our services and, as one priest reminded us, we no longer offer up a living sacrifice because Christ gave the ultimate sacrifice; therefore, the Holy Eucharist, which is the Body and Blood of Christ, is our living sacrifice that we offer up to God every week.

Reading these chapters reminds me of how pure, Holy, and longstanding our services have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this page are meant to be a discussion of the readings. This is a place to discuss your thoughts on the reading itself or in the commentary about the reading. Any comments that do not respect others will be immediatly deleted. If you would like to attack me or my beliefs, please do so in an email. DO NOT attack each other; however, challenging each others ideas in a respectful way will be encouraged.