February 6, 2010

Numbers 18:25-22:1

Numbers 18:25-22:1

About the Reading:

We continue to read about the journey of God’s chosen people.  Today we read about the water coming from the rock and God’s disappointment in them that they did not fully trust in Him.

In today’s reading, we also learn the passing of Aaron.

My Thoughts and Notes:

I remember as a child reading the passage of the water coming from the rock.  I also remember being totally fascinated by this and trying so hard to get the water from any rock I saw…it never worked.

I have even, in the past, tried to justify it and come up with some reason as to why it had happened, some scientific explanation.  Why I never, at that time, realized that I would never get it is beyond me. 

I have since given up on finding an explanation and love the mystery of it all.  We have been having a lot of rain around here lately.  There is a mountain that I drive through every day to get to work.  On one side, there is a rocky area that, after the rains, seems to be seeping out water.  I know this isn’t the mystery revealed; but I can’t help but to reflect on this particular passage every time I pass it.  It’s God’s way of reminding me of His awesome mysteries and power!

I don’t know why I was surprised, I just don’t recall ever having read before of the passing of Aaron.  Just a little footnote.

What did you think of today’s reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this page are meant to be a discussion of the readings. This is a place to discuss your thoughts on the reading itself or in the commentary about the reading. Any comments that do not respect others will be immediatly deleted. If you would like to attack me or my beliefs, please do so in an email. DO NOT attack each other; however, challenging each others ideas in a respectful way will be encouraged.